Have you been grinding away at trying to grow your pipeline? Taking a look at where you are trying to find opportunities can sometimes give your effort a boost. Is most of your effort directly with customers? How about looking at partners that you collaborate or co-exist with in your customers?
Be a collector of knowledge to find/win deals
Working with partners can help you identify opportunities and learn how decisions are made. Partners that have long-term existing relationships can be a wealth of knowledge and can also help you:
- Get up to speed rapidly (if you are new to the account)
- Avoid pitfalls
- Get past “gatekeepers”
- Meet key contacts
Here is an efficient way to get moving toward identifying more opportunities.
- Create a quick list of the partners (who have adjacent solutions) you know are engaged in your target accounts.
- List areas of your customers where you do not know the partners
- Start connecting with the existing partners you know to listen and learn
- Start connecting with anyone that can help you identify the “unknown” partners
After a week or two of this effort, you will be amazed at how much more you know!
Feel free to contact me directly for ideas and/or help on this or other topics!
Sign up as a subscriber for exclusive weekly emails with additional ideas! Just scroll down!