What opportunities almost closed in the past 1 – 2 years? Excited to try again? Business you lost can be a good source of potential opportunities. Listen and learn before you proceed…
Figure out what has changed
How has your company and/or solution changed or improved? What has changed at the client?
What is the current decision process?
Why did they select another solution the last time? How did the decision process work? Now, compared to your last pursuit, try to learn…
- Steps in the current decision process
- Who is involved in the decision
- What is driving their interest now
Relationships with client contacts?
- Have you worked hard since the last pursuit of this business to build working relationships with key client contacts?
- What is the client’s view of the value you can provide? How might it have improved?
- Are you coming back in “cold” since the last attempt?
Go? / No Go?
Sometimes, what you should do is not immediately clear. If enough has changed, but you feel you are lacking key information, consider proceeding and re-evaluating once you are better informed. The ideas above and others you surely have will help you make an informed decision!
Feel free to contact me directly for ideas and/or help on this or other topics!
Sign up as a subscriber for exclusive weekly emails with additional ideas! Just scroll down!